The Prime Minister's Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme has been designed for improving the quality of research in various higher educational institutions in the country.
With attractive fellowships, the scheme seeks to attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation. The scheme was announced in the Budget 2018-19.
The institutes which can offer PMRF include all the IITs, all the IISERs, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and some of the top Central Universities/NITs that offer science and/or technology degrees.
The candidates will be selected through a rigorous selection process and their performance will be reviewed suitably through a national convention.
May 2022 Review results are announced.
Please login and check your results.
Deadline for institutes to nominate direct & lateral entry fellows for admission to Cycle 9 (May 2022 batch)- 16th August 2022.
Deadline for nominated scholars to submit the details of applications in the portal- 29th August 2022.
Procedure for PMRF admission:
1. The PMRF granting institute will nominate the eligible direct & lateral entry Ph.D. scholars.
2. These nominations are verified by the National Coordination Center at IIT Madras.
3. The eligible fellows are sent emails, requesting them to submit applications through the PMRF portal.
4. These applications are sorted broad area-wise and sent for detailed technical review.
5. The decisions are sent by the Nodal subject coordinators which are consolidated by the NCC.
6. The decisions are approved by NCC and sent to the institutes.